Spiritual Impact On My Childhood

There was a Hindu woman devoted to her husband. Her intention is not to complain about her husband, but she has a strong desire that there should be a change in his materialistic views. Her husband took great pleasure in making fun of the pictures of saints in her meditation room.

He said to his brother, I am sure you can convert them. Tell me, will you do this?

His eldest sister was looking at him pleadingly. I had gone to his house in Saraswati Vihar Lane to meet him in those days. This request of his touched my heart, because he had made a deep spiritual impact on my childhood life and also tried very lovingly to fill the void in the family after the death of my mother.

"Dear sister! Whatever I can do, I must do it."

Suddenly an inspiration arose in the mind. I said: “Tomorrow I am going to the temple. You come with me and also persuade your husband to come. I have a feeling that in the vibrant atmosphere of that holy place, Jaganmata will surely tug at his heart strings. But don't tell them anything about our purpose of taking them there."

Sister agreed with hope. I was very happy to see Rama didi and brother-in-law ready to go to the temple early the next day. Our car was on its way to the temple, and my brother-in-law was taking pleasure in ridiculing the qualifications of the gurus. I saw that Rama Didi was crying silently.

I whispered in her ear: "Sister, smile! Don't let your husband be happy thinking that we are irritated by his ridicule."

Seeing the sadhus, you get disgusted. They are either very skeletal, or they are as fat as an elephant!"

I started rolling in laughter. Seeing this reaction, my brother-in-law got angry and kept sitting silently. As our car pulled into the temple compound, he said with a wry smile:

"Looks like this trip is being done to improve me, doesn't it?"

When I turned away without giving any answer, he caught my hand, and said: “ Mr. Sanyasi! do not forget to arrange lunch properly after talking to officials ." My brother-in-law himself did not even want to talk to the priests.

“I am going to meditate now. Don't worry about the food, I said sternly. "Mother Goddess will arrange for that."

"I have no faith that mother will do anything for me. But the responsibility of my food is on you." My brother-in-law's voice was very fierce.



Comments

Story on Life of a Diligent Boy

Citrullus Colocynthis (Garmunda)

Respiratory System & Exercises

Faith and Belief

The Journey of Life is Full of Surprises

Life's Journey is Like a Highland Drive

My Dream House an Image of the Universe

The True Spiritual Practice

Success Is Not Just a Coincidence

Views and Viewpoints of Thinking

Stress Management