Agony of A Man

One evening as I was walking through my street, I saw a man sitting alone and very sad. I went to him and asked the well being of him. In reply, he murmured, I don't want to live any more; but even couldn't die also. How much games I had to play in this small innings of my life. The sunset of my life is near, not because of I am sickness or I am mentally ill; but because of my family. 

I was living happily with my wife and three children. I never thought of this dream even in my dreams. The family, who showed me a lot of affection during the tenure of my job, will change completely after my retirement. All three of my children are still graduates. While maintaining this standard of education, they behave like wild animals. Their condition has become so high that my position is no more than a dishwasher. 

My wife is illiterate, then she has the right to praise me. She never missed any opportunity to say abusive words to me. My voice, which sounded like a cuckoo to her, today sounds like a torn bamboo. Had to take my name once, with great admiration, but today it has been replaced by dirty abuses. No one has time nor words for me. Even today, it is the same relationship of money, whenever there is a need for money, they asks in such a way that I did not repay on borrowed time. 

This is not the first deception in my life, even before my family looted me. Is it all in my luck, at that time only money was looted, which was earned again, I had time and courage for it too? But now self-esteem has been auctioned and this too at the hands of those whom I cannot imagine, but see the irony of time and my luck, what can I do other than endure all this. Now till the last breath, you will have to live chokingly and suffer all the pain of life. 

These are the same family members who used to remind me many times a day that they are waiting for me, the reason behind this is that if they show their color at that time their brilliant life would be affected. Despite doing so much, I am reminded that I have done nothing. 

After hearing all this, I could not utter a single word. I just put my hand on his shoulder and moved forward wondering why we are all so selfish. Why do we forget that the man we neglect is also part of the family, whether he did anything or not? Read More... 


एक शाम मैं अपनी गली से गुजर रहा था, मैंने देखा कि एक आदमी अकेला बैठा था और बहुत दुखी था। मैं उसके पास गया और उससे कुशलक्षेम पूछा। जवाब में, वह बड़बड़ाया, मैं और नहीं जीना चाहता; लेकिन यहां तक कि मर भी नहीं सकता था। मुझे अपने जीवन की इस छोटी सी पारी में कितने खेल खेलने पड़े। मेरे जीवन का सूर्यास्त निकट है, न कि मैं बीमार होने के कारण या मानसिक रूप से बीमार हूँ; लेकिन मेरे परिवार की वजह से। 

मैं अपनी पत्नी और तीन बच्चों के साथ खुशी से रह रहा था। मैंने कभी सपने में भी इस सपने के बारे में नहीं सोचा था। परिवार, जिसने मुझे अपनी नौकरी के कार्यकाल के दौरान बहुत स्नेह दिखाया, मेरी सेवानिवृत्ति के बाद पूरी तरह से बदल जाएगा। मेरे तीनों बच्चे अभी स्नातक हैं। शिक्षा के इस मानक को बनाए रखते हुए, वे जंगली जानवरों की तरह व्यवहार करते हैं। उनकी स्थिति इतनी अधिक हो गई है कि मेरी स्थिति किसी डिशवॉशर से अधिक नहीं है। 

मेरी पत्नी अनपढ़ है, फिर उसका तो हक़ बनता हैं मेरी तारीफ करने का। उसने मुझे कभी अपमानजनक शब्द कहने का कोई मौका नहीं छोड़ा। मेरी आवाज, जो उसे कोयल के जैसी लगती थी, आज फटें हुए बांस के जैसी लगती हैं। मेरा नाम कभी लेना पड़ता था, तो बड़े ही अदब के साथ लेकिन आज उसकी जगह गंदी गाली ने ले ली हैं। मेरे लिए किसी के पास ना ही समय हैं और ना ही शब्द। आज भी वही एक रिश्ता हैं, पैसे का जब भी जरूरत होती हैं तो ऐसे कहते हैं जैसे मैंने उधार समय पर नहीं चुकाया। 

मेरे जीवन में ये कोई पहला धोखा नहीं है, इससे पहले भी मेरे परिवार ने मुझे लूटा था। क्या यह सब केवल मेरे भाग्य में है, उस समय केवल पैसा लूटा गया था, जो फिर से अर्जित किया गया था, इसके लिए मेरे पास समय भी था और साहस भी? लेकिन अब आत्मसम्मान नीलाम हो गया है और यह भी उन लोगों के हाथों, जिसकी मैं कल्पना भी नहीं कर सकता, लेकिन समय और मेरी किस्मत की विडंबना देखिए, मैं यह सब सहने के अलावा क्या कर सकता हूं। अब अंतिम सांस तक, घुट-घुट कर जीना होगा और जीवन के हर दर्द को सहना होगा। 

ये वही परिवार के सदस्य हैं जो मुझे दिन में कई बार याद दिलाते थे कि वे मेरा इंतजार कर रहे हैं, इसके पीछे का कारण यह है कि अगर वे उस समय अपना रंग दिखाते तो उनका शानदार जीवन प्रभावित होता। इतना कुछ करने के बावजूद, मुझे याद दिलाया जाता है कि मैंने कुछ नहीं किया है। 

यह सब सुनने के बाद, मैं एक भी शब्द नहीं बोल सका। मैंने बस अपना हाथ उसके कंधे पर रखा और यह सोचकर आगे बढ़ गया कि हम सभी इतने स्वार्थी क्यों हैं। हम यह क्यों भूल जाते हैं कि जिस आदमी की हम उपेक्षा करते हैं, वह भी परिवार का ही हिस्सा है, चाहे उसने कुछ किया था या नहीं? 


Comments

Story on Life of a Diligent Boy

Respiratory System & Exercises

Citrullus Colocynthis (Garmunda)

Faith and Belief

The Journey of Life is Full of Surprises

Success Is Not Just a Coincidence

Life's Journey is Like a Highland Drive

The True Spiritual Practice

My Dream House an Image of the Universe

Views and Viewpoints of Thinking

A Journey of A Lifetime on The Roads of The World